You’ve decided to purchase an Arabian horse and now you commence the search for the finest animal in all the land to bring to your farm or estate. What characteristics do you search for as you review the animals that are available for purchase in your area? It’s a good idea to make a list of the attributes that you will be examining with each horse so that you won’t forget any factors that can affect your satisfaction with your purchase. These impressive horses have an excellent historic value and can bring some of those outstanding attributes to your business venture. Let’s take a look at some of the criteria that you should use when looking for the Arabian of your dreams.
- You must first decide for what purpose you’ll be using your Arabian horse and some of the most important requirements that you want him to meet. As you search for your next horse you should learn his weight, height, the sex, and the foal date before you make any final decision. Also ask about registration papers and all paperwork that is dedicated to his physical care and treatment.
- Enquire about the Arabian’s physical condition; you should ask about any health issues he has experienced, if he has had regular check-ups and care from a vet, and if his worming schedule and vaccinations are current.
- Depending on the purpose that you have in mind for your Arabian, you should ask about the horse’s behaviour and personality. If you have children or plan to use him in a therapeutic business, you’ll want him to get along with others well.
- There are many Arab horses for sale but finding the one that is right for you should be your ultimate goal. Ask about the horse’s daily routine, what he’s been doing lately, and how much exercise he has been given each day; buying a healthy horse that’s in good shape will help you achieve your goals.
- You may want to ask your sales agent to accompany you to actually see the horse in person. Take a look at his coat, his large eyes, and the condition of his feet. Check how he reacts to his owner and you as well. Ask if you can ride him or at least watch the owner handle him around the area where you can watch his gait and how he carries himself.
- Finally, be sure to have a pre-purchase evaluation of your Arabian; this will give you an idea of his entire physical condition rated by an expert. Be sure that his teeth and eyes are checked and that you obtain all of his previous health records to review.
Looking for and finding a healthy and happy Arabian will be one of the most enjoyable experiences that you have. He will bring you many hours of pleasure as, together, you enjoy the great outdoors on sunny afternoons filled with warm memories.