What are the different types of commercial buildings?
Before diving into the depths of its importance, interior designs, etc. one should be clear about what are the types of commercial properties and its importance of building it appropriately. Having complete knowledge will help an individual to get the best out of commercial builders when erecting a business building.
There are primarily six types of commercial buildings which one should know. These are:
- Industrial Property: In this category, constructions range from small to large scale properties. The small structures are often referred to as ‘R&D’ or ‘Flex’ while ginormous properties are office or warehouse buildings. An essential character trait of such buildings is Clear Height which measures from bottom to the top portion of the property. The minor places extend from 14 to 16 feet while the substantial sites go more than 40 feet.
- Office Buildings: This includes properties’ which are for single tenants, primarily downtown scrappers, professional office spaces and everything that comes in between these.
- Retail Places or Restaurant: Various sites of retail buildings for a single tenant, highway frontages, small shopping centres, large grocery stores, power centres like Best Buy, Office Max and multiple outlet and regional malls fall under this division.
- Land: Properties which are raw, undeveloped, rural land for future development falls under this category. Moreover, pad sites, infill land and more come under this category of property.
- Multi-family: Apartment complexes or any high rise buildings is considered to be multi-family. Basically, anything which is immense (fourplex) and more is regarded as a commercial estate.
- Miscellaneous: This consists of various non-residential properties like hospitals, hotels, medical storages, etc.
Importance of Planning Adequately for Commercial Spaces
Now that an individual is aware of the classification of commercial properties, one should also know the importance of planning it appropriately. Just keeping in mind a few points will help one to produce an efficient office apartment.
The ultimate purpose of planning correctly is to align the work done there with space’s function. An example will make an individual understand quickly and simply. For example, the acoustics of a room will play a crucial part if the office consists of a call-centre or a place where boardroom discussions take place. In places, like this, one wouldn’t want to disturb other operations of an office with a lot of noise.
This can be easily managed by space planning. So this way, planning should be done according to work done in an office space.
- Health and Safety
To keep everyone safe as well as healthy in an office one should build following the fire codes and other health regulations which includes, emergency plan, evacuation, etc. Space planning can easily identify these issues and eliminate them from causing hazards.
Layouts, designs, organizations, etc. affects productivity as well as can increase the budget. Efficient planning will solve these by offering adequate work in small space; design allows flexibility as well as space storage, etc. will enable one to save costs.
A place should be built and designed according to the work purpose that will take place. This is why the classification of buildings is essential. It helps in knowing what type of property will be built in a location and accordingly planning would be done top suit all the needs.